A kind of a "dangerous supplement", marked, scarred on a body, post-orgasmically, always, already in anticipation of (a) crisis OR for a desert avec 'agape'. Mindb(l)ogg(l)ing Noise. "Avalanche, would you share my last pursuit?" (Baudelaire)

Monday, March 05, 2007

For those considering Pound over Eliot

"His was the true Dantescan voice-not honoured enough, and deserving more than I ever gave him.
I had hoped to see him in Venice this year for the Dante commemoration at the Giorgio Cini Foundation-instead: Westminster Abbey. But, later, on his own hearth, a flame tended, a presence felt.
Recollections? let some thesis writer have the satisfaction of 'discovering' whether it was in 1920 or '21 that I went from Excideuil to meet a rucksacked Eliot. Days of walking-conversation? literary? le papier Fayard was then the burning topic. Who is there now for me to share a joke with?
Am I to write 'about' the poet Thomas Stearns Eliot? or my friend 'the Possum'? Let him rest in peace. I can only repeat, but with the urgency of 50 years ago: READ HIM."

Ezra Pound Selected Prose 1909-1965

1 comment:

christos said...

il miglior fabbro

Blog Archive